Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to preplan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can coordinate a payment plan that suits your needs. Pre-paying also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral. These plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional).
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives you, your family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.
Misconceptions of Pre-Planning
- You have to go to the funeral home to pre-plan. You can make an appointment to have the pre-arrangement specialist meet you in the comfort of your home.
- You have to pre-pay for the funeral. You don't have to pre-pay for your funeral plans, but there are benefits to pre-paying such as locking in the price of the funeral service and merchandise to today's prices.
- You have to pay all at one time. There are payment plans available to meet your budget.
- My spouse/kids know what I want. Do they? Have you had a conversation about what you want, and they wrote your plan down?
- I'm going to use my insurance money. Did you know that the insurance money is not readily available until after the death certificate is obtained, weeks after the death has occurred? Who is going to cover the costs of your funeral in the meantime?
Meet Kelly Anderson, our Prearrangement Specialist.
Kelly can guide through the process of prearranging, and answer any of your questions.
At your convenience, she can meet you in the comfort of your own home, or at one of our three Hamilton County locations.
Please contact her at email@example.com to coordinate an appointment; or call our office at 317-773-2584.